Gente Hoy 1 – Libro del alumno, 2013 (click on the course title to view full details)
¡Bienvenidos al curso!
Greetings, introductions and asking for basic personal information.
Asking for help with the language and Spanish pronunciation.
Gente que estudia español (1)
The alphabet, sounds and spelling (pp.18-19, ex. 1 & 2 and p.23, 8)
Spanish topics to talk about (p.20, ex. 3)
Numbers 0-10 (pp.20-22, ex. 3 & 4 and p.23, ex. 7)
Unit 1: Gente que estudia español (2)
Asking about name, phone number and email address (p.24, ex. 9)
Spanish-speaking countries and capital cities (p.22, ex. 5 and p.24, ex. 10)
Nationalities and masculine / feminine endings (additional material)
Asking about nationality. Verb SER (to be) + nationality (I am / You are)
Nouns in Spanish: masculine and feminine endings (p.22, ex. 6) + practice
Unit 1: Gente que estudia español (3)
Group presentation about a Spanish-speaking country (p.25, ex. 11)
El mundo del español (pp. 26-27, ex. 12, 13 & 14).
Unit 2: Gente con gente (1)
Asking and talking about someone else (p.28-29, ex. 1 A).
Expressing opinion (I think that…) (p.29, ex. 1 B)
Verb SER (he/she is) and introduction of other verbs (p.28-29, ex. 1)
Describing personality + adjective (p. 29, ex. 2 & 3)
Gente de la Calle Picasso (pp. 30-31, ex. 4)
Unit 2: Gente con gente (2)
Different types of families (additional material)
Questions and answers about our family (p.32, ex. 6)
Asking and answering about age + numbers 20-100 (p.32-33)
Marital status with verb ESTAR (to be + marital status)
Unit 2: Gente con gente (3)
Asking and answering about jobs (p.32-33)
Describing physical characteristics (additional material)
Hobbies and leisure activities (additional material)
Talking about ourselves using verbs in the “yo” form (p.33, 8 B)
Asking questions about hobbies (p.33, 8 C).
Spanish weddings and identifying people (pp.34-35, ex. 9)
España y sus contrastes (pp.36-37, ex. 11, 12 & 13)
Unit 3: Gente de vacaciones (1)
Describing places with SER, ESTAR, TENER & HAY (p.41, ex. 2 & p.43, ex. 6)
Describing a place that we like (p.43, ex. 8)
Expressing interests, likes and dislikes (p.41-42, ex. 3 and 4).
Verbs GUSTAR and INTERESAR (additional material).
Unit 3: Gente de vacaciones (2)
Understanding someone talking about holidays (p.42, ex. 5)
Facilities in your accommodation (p.43, ex. 7)
Planning a trip together and expressing preferences (pp.44-45, ex. 9 & 10)
Where do Spanish people go on holidays? (pp.46-47, ex. 10 & 11)
Revision, games, quizzes and end of course drinks.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- There will be a maximum of 15 students in the class.
- The course materials included in the price are any materials used in class (i.e. handouts, games, PDFs, Power Points, audio files and links to online activities), which will be sent by email as well.
- Students will have to buy a classbook, which will last 4 courses (Beginner 1 and Beginner 2 + Elementary 1 and Elementary 2) and cost around £20.
- If a student misses a class, learning materials will be provided by email and any handouts only given on paper format in class will be handed out in the next session. After revising those materials at home, the student can email the tutor to ask any questions they may have.
- Once the course has been booked, if a student wishes to withdraw from the course and request a full refund, they must write an email to SCB at least 2 weeks before the course starts. With less than 2 weeks notice, the refund will be 50 % unless SCB finds another student to take their place. Once the course has started, the fee will not be refunded.
- For the course to go ahead, a minimum of 6 students is required. If the week before the course starts a group has less than 6 students registered, that group may have to be cancelled and registered students will receive a full refund. Alternatively, the course can still go ahead, but the fee will have to be increased.
- In order to complete the full A1 level of the CEFR, students will have to complete the Beginner 1 (A1.1) and Beginner 2 courses (A1.2).
- This course does not lead to an official certificate; students can register for official DELE or GCSE exams independently. SCB can advise on where to take the exams and offer additional exam preparation classes.